*Print copies are available for bulk
purchase. Any proceeds (after costs)
will be donated to The One Fund.
Due to the heroic actions of first responders and emergency and trauma personnel, not a single one of the nearly 200 people hospitalized after the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings died, despite many grave injuries.
It Takes a Team explains how multidisciplinary health care teams prepared for a mass-casualty event, responded to it, and helped survivors rebuild their lives afterward. The learnings and best practices revealed are universally applicable for any clinician or administrator in the emergency-preparedness/response and rehabilitation fields.
Discover how everyone made the best of a tragic situation through testimony from:
• Marathon bombing patients
• First responders
• Orthopaedic and trauma surgeons
• Physical therapists
• Physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians
• Hospital and city of Boston emergency preparedness and response leaders
• Preparedness directors from state and private agencies including the Boston Athletic Association, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency